OPTION 1. Getting to Madrid by plane + train to Jaén
- Once in Madrid Airport, take the train from Terminal T4 to Chamartín Train Station. Use automatic machines to buy a 2.60 € single ticket train, departing every 30 minutes, 15 minute-trip
- In Chamartín Train Station buy a train ticket to Jaén. 35.30 € single ticket, approx. 4 h trip. Enjoy a peaceful trip.
Departing 9.16, 15.45. 17.20, 19.18 h week days, 9.16, 19.18 Saturdays, 9.16, 17.20, 19.18 Sundays
Check scheduling at: http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/
OPTION 2. Getting to Madrid by plane + bus to Jaén
- Take the train from Terminal T4 to Méndez Álvaro-Estación Sur de Autobuses. 2.60 € single ticket, departing every 30 minutes, 30 minute-trip. Check the train reaches Méndez Álvaro-Estación Sur stop.
- In Méndez Álvaro-Estación Sur de Autobuses by a bus ticket to Jaén in Samar office. Approx. 20 € single ticket, approx. 4.5 h trip. Departing at several times depending on the day, check at http://samar.es/
OPTION 3. Getting to Madrid by plane + Granada by plane
- Take the bus from Granada airport to Granada Bus Station.
- Buy a ticket at ALSA bus to Jaén. Departing almost every hour from 9 to 21 h. 1.5 h trip. Around 10 € single ticket.
Jaén offers a wide range of accommodation for visitors. The Parador de Turismo de Santa Catalina, located next to the Castle, is the benchmark for hotel establishment for its architectural beauty and its extraordinary panoramic views. Not far behind others who are in great quality and offer great service, as reiterated their ratings all people are pleased to stop and inn in Jaén. The capital offers accommodation in hotels of four, three and two stars, located in different parts of the capital, styles and different services but with something in common, their attention and deal with friendly and hospitable host.
Parador de Jaén ****
Castillo de Santa Catalina.
Tel: 953 23 00 00. Fax: 953 23 30
Located on the hill of Santa Catalina, near the Castle, on the city and facing the valley of the Guadalquivir. He has been voted one of the top ten castle hotels in Europe. It is a unique place. View rooms, restaurant and pool.
Hotel Infanta Cristina ****
Avenida de Madrid, s / n
Telfs.: 953 26 30 40/953 26 34 77. Fax: 953 27 42 96
Hotel equipped to meet both customer needs and business resort. Emphasize its eight meeting rooms, with capacities ranging between 8 and 600 people. It has 71 rooms, 2 suites, pool and parking.
Hotel HO Ciudad de Jaén ****
Highway Bailen – Motril, km. 319
Tel: 953 28 48 00. Fax: 953 28 February 44
Located on the outskirts of the city, next to the highway Bailen-Motril. It has two restaurants, meeting and banquet rooms, cafes, bingo, spa and nightclub.
Hotel Condestable Iranzo ***
Paseo de la Estación, 32
Tel: 953 22 28 00. Fax: 953 26 38 07
In the center of Jaén, next to City Park, this hotel has a classic décor, large rooms for conferences and celebrations. Recommended for rest and business meetings.
Hotel Europa ***
Bethlehem Square, 1
Tel: 953 22 27 00. Fax: 953 22 26 92
Its privileged location in the tourist center, just 200 meters from the bus station makes it an ideal starting point to explore the city. Services include custom tours.
Hotel Xauen ***
Plaza Dean Mazas, 3
Tel: 953 24 July 89. Fax: 953 19 March 12
Hotel located in the heart of Jaen, just steps from the Cathedral and the historic, shopping and business. It has a meeting room with capacity for 90 peoplele, snack bar and cafeteria. It has 23 double rooms and 12 singles.
Albergue & Spa Juvenil Jaén
Borja, s / n
Tel: 953 31 35 40 Fax: 953 31 35 44
It is located opposite the Teatro Infanta Leonor. In their interiors are light, clarity and modernity. Ooms has 46 doubles and 10 apartments. It also has a dining hall, showroom and spa.
jaen.itj @ juntadeandalucia.com